FACULTY OF POSTGRADUATE EDUCATION
Fees ($ US per one Academic Year)
(i) Ukrainian language- 3.200
(ii) Russian language- 3.000
The faculty of the postgraduate education was organized in 1955. It includes three sub departments: the internship (of the primary specialization), the sub department of the professional development and retraining of specialists and the sell-accounting department.
The main tasks of the faculty in the sphere of educational activity are:
- primary specialization of graduates of higher educational medical (pharmaceutic) institutions of the III and IV ac-creditation levels during the internship;
- diving to doctors or pharmaceutists of the educational-qualification level of specialist the Master’s degree of medi-cine (pharmaceutics) during the internship in a certain specialty;
- retraining of doctors (pharmaceutists) with awarding the title of doctor (pharmaceutist) – specialist having the second specialty (secondary specialization);
- professional development of doctors’ (pharmaceutists’) cycles of the thematic training and pre attestation cycles;
- probation of doctors (pharmaceutists) who had a break in their practical activity who didn’t go through the attesta-tion on time;
- giving help to institutions of health protection in their efforts to provide a continuous postgraduate education.
33 professors and Doctors of Sciences and 163 Candidates of Sciences including 80 assistant professors are work-ing at the faculty.
Faculty departments combine 17 scientific directions and specialties of medicine and pharmaceutics. 14 of them have their own scientific-educational schools that have prepared 52 Doctors and 229 Candidates of Sciences.
The department staff is working upon scientific developments together with foreign partners. 8 scientific-educational faculty workers are members of international associations and societies and their executive committees, 14 – of European ones. Seven scientific workers are full members of New-York academy of sciences.